Children First is a fully staffed daycare and preschool located in our Administration Building. Under the directing of Jennifer Noble, Children First exists to nurture children spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically while also encouraging parents to engage at home.
Our vision at Children First is simple: We want to build the child and family together. We work with families to support their vital roles in caring for their children and believe that each child is a unique individual who deserves a consistent, respectful, safe, loving, and stimulating environment in which to learn. Our well-trained Christian staff strives to provide each child with the kindness, attention, and respect that reflect the love both God and their parents. Each child is nurtured academically and spiritually in order to develop self-esteem, self-worth, and self-discipline.
Train up a child in the way that he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6 (ESV)
Children First sets out to approach children holistically. With that in mind, our goals are to build up the children in our care emotionally, socially, physically, intellectually, and spiritually. Everything we do—from lesson time to play time to nap time—is geared towards these specific goals for our children. Each child will learn to:
- Become independent and learn to be in control of their own emotions.
- Express and deal with their emotions.
- Learn how others express and deal with emotions.
- Develop empathy for others.
- Build self-esteem, self-worth, and self-discipline.
- Interact effectively with others, regardless of perceived differences.
- Respect others and the property of others.
- Function well in a group setting.
- Understand why they should cooperate with others.
- Develop meaningful friendships.
- Develop large and small motor skills.
- Learn the importance of good nutrition and good hygiene.
- Develop lifelong, healthy habits.
- Develop a lifetime love of learning.
- Learn observation and discussion skills.
- Build a love of reading.
- Build upon natural curiosity.
- Adopt and exhibit Christ-centered values.
- Hear and share God's Word.
- Share and spread God's love.